Wednesday, September 5, 2012

IFBCON, day one


Yesterday was a LONG day, jam packed with amazing speakers/information/networking.  I am still attempting to digest all of the information (read: five + pages of scrawly note taking) but wanted to share a few big ideas I came away with, before attending day two.  The first was the importance of consistency and individuality in the blogosphere... the idea that in order to get where you want to be with your blog, you must consistently post beautifully curated content, in a way that is unique to you.  This is not by any means new information, but definitely a good thing to come back to and check in with.  It's sometimes daunting to think about all the amazing content put out by talented bloggers, and something I am often overwhelmed by.  Hearing some of my favorite bloggers/industry leaders speak was definitely a reminder to myself to check back in, be confident in my ideas, and make more of an effort to post consistently about the things I am inspired by.  Because that is why I started this blog in the first place - to challenge myself, get outside my comfort zone, and really have a space to be creative.  It's been a year since I started this blog, and I am so proud of myself for getting where I am today... more so though, I am excited to keep learning/moving forward/challenging myself.  
Here's to another big year!


1 comment:

  1. Great summary and good points that you make!
    Glad to have met you yesterday!
    - Josephina
    Http:// www. Josephinacollection.com

    ReplyDelete