Monday, October 3, 2011

lacquer lust

Ever since a not-so-fun day of painting two very dark walls back to white, I made a decision to never paint a rental ever again.  (Unless of course, I can afford to pay someone else to do the work.)  And so- for now I am stuck with my chalky white walls- left only to dream of more fabulous finishes, and I cannot get lacquer out of my head.  So obviously I had to start a Pinterest board.  I love the drama that a lacquer finish adds to a room.  High-gloss jewel tones are completely drool-worthy, and black looks insanely glamorous .... I adore it when done in darker colors, the way it shines and reflects the light is so much more interesting than a typical matte finish.  It can also be it done as a ceiling finish, which adds an unexpected pop and makes the room appear larger due to its reflective quality.  What would I lacquer in my dream home?? The look of a lacquered library (how's that for alliteration?) is très chic, but maybe an office?  I think navy would be my color of choice...although I do love that rich persimmon entryway.  What do you think?



No comments:

Post a Comment